In this week’s episode, join host Nicole Purvy for a Q&A with Malik Carter. Malik Carter is a realtor and real estate investor who has been involved in the real estate industry since 2007. He’s here today to answer your burning questions about real estate in Philadelphia. We delve into why now is the right time to be investing in real estate and the issues surrounding why Black people aren’t investing in their own communities in Philadelphia. Finally, Malik stresses the importance of always taking the time to invest in yourself and your business. You don’t want to miss the valuable information Malik is sharing with us today!
In This Episode:
- [ 14:23 ] Are real estate agents becoming a dying industry?
- [ 24:05 ] The differences between Malik and Nicole’s opinions of why they think Black people aren’t investing and buying homes in their own neighborhoods in Philadelphia.
- [ 45:16] The attitude Nicole believes you should implement to show up confidently in business.
- [ 52:49 ] What are the best marketing strategies to find wholesale deals in Philadelphia?
- [ 54:21 ] The advice Malik gives for making an offer on a property with existing violations direct to the seller.
- [ 55:31 ] What are the best ways to meet sellers, especially during the pandemic?
- [ 56:12 ] The neighborhoods Malik would recommend in Philadelphia to new investors.
- [ 1:06:06 ] Think big when it comes to real estate and outside the box of what others are doing.
- [ 1:15:38 ] Don’t be afraid to invest in yourself and your business.
- The best marketing strategies to find wholesale dealers in Philadelphia.
- With new technologies being developed to sell your home with the click of a button, the real estate agent business is becoming a dying industry.
- Even though there is a sense of urgency to buy property, mindset and growth takes time. Be kind and fair to yourself when changing your mindset to invest in and buy property.
- Now is the time in history to make money and invest before the automation of jobs becomes more prominent.
- Always take time to invest in yourself and your business.
www.betterthansuccess.com/freecourse – Get access to the FREE Real Estate Beginners Class.
www.betterthansuccess.com/realestatejournal – Need help better understanding your real estate area? Download my FREE Real Estate Journal, available May 31st.
Malik Carter is a Realtor and real estate investor, involved in the real estate industry since 2007. His career started as a mortgage loan officer for a small firm in Glenside, PA. After only a year at the mortgage company, Malik left that company to launch a mortgage company of his own. A few months into this new venture, the economy began to collapse. After eight months of banks closing and years of millions of people losing their homes, the economy started to stabilize.
Malik had to pivot and adjust to survive because the mortgage industry changed. Malik began buying foreclosed properties and renting them out to supplement his income. Malik sold one of the rentals for an excellent profit and decided to also flip properties. So many people were interested in the properties being flipped that Malik started helping other buyers find houses, launching his career as a Realtor. Today Malik flips several houses a year, still maintains a portfolio of rental properties, and helps families buy their dream homes.
Connect with Better Than Success
Learn more about Better Than Success Real Estate League at Betterthansuccess.com/btsrel
Sign up to attend our Real Estate Q&A live at betterthansuccess.com/events
Get Access to our FREE Real Estate Beginners Class at betterthansuccess.com/freecourse