We are seeking a WordPress Designer responsible for front-end development for both our clients and our own network of sites. The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with the responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. The candidate must have a very strong knowledge of color theory, layout, information hierarchy, responsive web design, and other basic graphic design concepts. Have a good eye for fonts (we use Google Fonts), and solid working knowledge of HTML and CSS so you can fix or modify the look of elements to better meet your specifications. Must have strong skills in Photoshop and Illustrator and be able to create imagery that is legible on a wide variety of screen sizes. Looking for a quick learner or someone well versed in designing with WordPress. Designers only, not looking for developers. You may have to pivot to more general design projects in Photoshop and Illustrator, so more general design skills are a must.
- Designing and implementing client websites quickly under pressure
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and consistency, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
Skills and Qualifications
- Good understanding of front-end technologies, most importantly HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience designing responsive websites
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of Premiere and After Effects not required but we’d be thrilled.
Use this form to submit your application.